Students Waking Up Too Early For School

Mayson Jones

IMG_2541.JPG “Sydney Reid, a current DPMS student, gets out the door for another day at school”

Mayson Jones
Sydney Reid, 7th grader, a current DPMS student, gets out the door for another day at school

By Mayson Jones

It’s 6:00 in the morning and you’re racing to the bus stop. Early wake up times could be affecting the quality of your sleep and school curriculum mastery.

Students are getting up too early for school, causing them to be tired. Jake England, 7th grade student, said that he would like to “Sleep an extra hour because I am always tired.” Many students also agree with the fact that this could be affecting their learning experience.

Lanie Ryser, a 7th grade student said, “I think it does affect our learning experience. When we get to school we are groggy and tired, leading us to not want to pay attention.”

Some people also think that school doesn’t start too early and it is fine the way it is. “I think it’s good that it starts early because it forces students to get ready for bed earlier and they get out of school early,” said James Muir, parent of DPMS student.

These early wake up times could be affecting students sleep as well as their learning experience but it might also just be the student’s fault for staying up late or taking on too many after school activities.