What Zach Wilson has done to get where he is today

Tanner M, Student Writer

Zach Wilson was drafted by the Jets in the first round of the NFL draft on April 29, 2021. Zach Wilson’s bracelet says “Prove Them Wrong” and his Headband says “Any Team, Any Time, Any Place”. Zach played football at BYU and before that he played at Corner Canyon. Zach is 22 years old and is 6’3 214 pounds. Zach Wilson has worked and has trained very hard all his life.

In college he had a 67.6% pass percentage, which is how many passes he completed. He also had 56 passing touchdowns in his 3 years at BYU, while only throwing 15 interceptions. In high school he averaged 254 yards per game and threw 45 passing touchdowns, while only throwing 14 interceptions. In his first game in the NFL he completed 54.1% of his passes throwing for 258 yards and had 2 touchdowns and 1 interception.

Zach trains with a former NFL quarterback, John Beck, who works him really hard. They train together in Southern California.

Zach signed with the Jets and is making 35.1 million dollars for four years which is all fully guaranteed.  He also got a signing bonus of 22.9 million dollars.

Zac was also recruited by 14 other colleges.  He got offers from Boise State, California, Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon State, Syracuse, Utah State, Hawaii, Fresno State, Nevada, Rice, Idaho, Weber State and Colorado State.