No More Snow Days! Canvas: The Newly Popular Online Learning Tool

Ally H, Reagan Smith

Canvas has become a popular learning tool due to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Canvas has become a helpful learning tool. Canvas makes it easier to learn both at home and in the classroom. But a downside to Canvas is when the internet or wifi at the school is down, learning the curriculum is difficult. Canvas was created in 2008 and has been growing in schools across the country ever since. Canvas is fairly customizable and was a popular way to have online students learn the best as possible when they were stuck at home. All assignments are a special online tool called “cloud assignments”. These are Google tools that can be submitted through Canvas, making assignments easy to do through the computer. On the online learning tool, teachers can interact with students through Canvas messenger. This lets students receive help in and out of the classroom. Canvas is currently used in middle school through college. No more snow days or absences! Now with Canvas when you are not at school all work can be done online. This isn’t too popular with students,  because this means that some teachers still expect students to do the work when they are not present. Zoom has also added to the online learning experience, helping online or quarantined students learn at full potential.