Mrs. Valdez: The best science teacher

Mrs. Valdez: The best science teacher

Adeline K, Student Writer

Mrs. Valdez is the 7th and 8th grade science teacher on team Odin. Mrs. Valdez always cheers everyone up in her class. She has the funniest jokes. She has recently started doing these check up papers everyday of the week. You fill out your mood and how your day is going. If your day is not going so well she comes and checks up on you. She also has cute quotes around her room. 

A few things about Valdez. Her favorite vacation was 3 years ago. She floated the Colorado River all the way through the Grand Canyon. It was 144 miles and took 1 week. That is super long! Since COVID-19 happened, she likes to eat at home but sometimes she still likes to go out with her family for dinner. Valdez’s favorite hobby outside of teaching science is to camp and hike with her friends and family! Her biggest screw up in the kitchen she said, “ I used to sell Pampered Chef and would have to cook in front of audiences of people. Once, I was demonstrating the slicer, and cut my finger really badly, and so I couldn’t finish the demonstration. It was very embarrassing, and ruined the party!”

More about Mrs. Valdez.  Her favorite quote is, “You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.” being in her classroom is my favorite part of the school day. She makes learning science so much fun.